Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Permits and Licenses


Your pets are welcome in the Town of Kipling! You are required to license them. A lifetime license for your pet costs $20.00. A maximum of 3 pets is allowed. Please be considerate of your neighbours-keep barking to a minimum.


A business license is required in the Town of Kipling if you are conducting business within the Town limits and not a commercial/industrial property owner. Please contact the Town Office for a license.

Basic License –  $100 per year                                            Home Based Business – $60.00 per year


The First Step before you commence any development within Kipling is fill out  a Development Application. This gives you the opportunity to tell us what you want to do and us to advise you of our regulations. An application is available for you to print off from the FORMS button on the Home page, or they are available at the Town Office.

Development Application Fees:  Residential – $50           Commercial (under $500,000) – $200             Commercial Projects (over $ 500,000)  – $500


The next step is securing a building permit for your project. (see below) Professional Building Inspections out of Emerald Park provides the Town of Kipling with building plan reviews and inspections. Forms are available down below or at the Town Office.  Please allow 6 weeks for the approval of your permit.  Construction may not begin until your permit is in place.

Building permits are required for:

New building construction, garages and carports, sheds over 100 sq. ft.,  decks, swimming pools and hot tubs, mobile homes, renovation, alternation and additions, demolition of an existing building, basement development, fireplaces, wood stoves and heaters, change of use of the building, and temporary buildings. A building permit requires a plan review checklist and the relevant building permit request form.

 Building permits may not be required for:

Fences (no permit required for the Building Inspector , however the Town of Kipling requires a permit to be completed for zoning requirements. There is no charge for the Fence Permit however, if you require your property to be marked out, there is a fee of $60.00 plus a waiver to be signed.); Driveways and parking lots; painting; laying carpet; general maintenance; replacement using the same materials not affecting structural issues; accessory buildings not greater than 100 sq. ft. (limit of one per property).


Sun Country Health Region conduct inspections on new plumbing and on-site sewage disposal system installations as required by The Saskatchewan Plumbing and Drainage Regulations.  Permits are available at the Town office.

Town Council passed a new Official Community Plan (8-2013) and Zoning Bylaw (9-2013) that received ministerial consent January 2014.  Please click on the links below to view each bylaw:

Official Community Plan – 8-2013 

Zoning Bylaw 9-2013

(Please check under Town Office and Bylaws for any amendments to the Zoning Bylaw)